It’s that time of year again, folks. The snow is here and it’s always a good idea to be prepared for winter. I’m not just talking about all-weather tires and non-freezing windshield wiper fluid. Sometimes the weather can hit hard and fast in Colorado and being properly prepared is important for your safety. Here are a few pointers on being properly prepared.
Items to keep in the car throughout winter:
· Windshield wiper fluid with anti-freeze
· Ice scraper with brush
· A snow shovel
· A tub of cat litter or sand for traction in case of emergency
· Cold weather jackets or coats in case of emergency
· Jumper cables
· Flashlight and batteries
· Basic tools; screwdrivers and pliers
· First aid kit
· Spare blanket(s)
· Bottled water and non-perishable snacks
· Cell phone and charger
Some of these items may seem unnecessary, but in Colorado the weather can take some extreme turns and could leave you stranded for an extended period of time. It’s very important to have these extras for your safety. People have been stranded without being prepared and have frozen to death! Keep these items in your car from autumn through early spring and drive carefully!