How to Install Lazy Granite Installation Questions:
Have you ever watched a video and totally forgot what you watched? Follow along and answer the questions below the video. Answering the questions will help you understand each step when installing your Lazy Granite Counter. After this video you shouldn’t have a problem installing granite.
1. What’s a good way to protect your floor while installing?
2. If you had an existing backsplash, what will you need to do to the wall?
3. If one is installing on cabinets 36” wide or larger, what should one be concerned about and how could those concerns be dealt with?
4. How thick should the plywood be?
5. What needs to be measured before cutting the plywood for the subsurface?
6. How is the plywood secured to the cabinets?
7. What goes in between the plywood and the cabinets?
8. If the plywood is hanging over the front edge of the cabinet, should I screw the plywood down? What should I do?
9. What’s the next step after securing the plywood to the kitchen cabinets?
10. How far should one cut outside the line of the traced sink kit?
11. What should one do in between cutting the plywood for the sink and installing backboard?
12. How is measuring and cutting the backerboard different from measuring and cutting the plywood?
13. How do you secure the backerboard to the plywood?
14. What needs to be done the backerboard seams?
15. How many cuts on the 24×24 are required for an inside corner?
16. What type of cut is needed for the lazy tile on the inside corner?
17. Why is dry fitting important?
18. How many degrees are necessary for the miter cut to make an inside corner from the lazy tile?
19. List the materials you’ll need for mixing mortar?
20. Which area of the counter do we start laying tiles first?
21. After the mortar has been set, what goes around the lip of the sink before the sink tiles are set?
22. How does one keep the seams a consistent width throughout the installation?
23. The tool in the video John is using to spread the mortar is called a “TROW”. Why would a trow be necessary for spreading mortar?
24. How does one ensure that the tile’s have been installed at the correct height?
25. What’s the next step after the mortar is hard?
26. Why should one use non sanded grout?
27. What is the name of the tool one uses to spread grout?
28. What’s the preferred angle to spread grout across the seam?
29. Once the grout has set, how does one clean off the excess from the tiles?
30. How does one remove the haze grout leaves behind?
31. Should the backsplash be installed before the lazy tiles?
32. If one has an inside corner, what type of cutting is necessary to properly install the backsplash?
33. How is the backsplash adhered to the wall?
34. What goes on the bottom of the backsplash piece?
35. What goes in between the seams of the backsplash pieces?
36. How does one seal the grout joints?
37. Does lazy granite need to be sealed?
38. Before sealing the stone, what needs to be done?
39. Why is cleaning ones countertops with bleach a bad idea?
40. What’s the brand of Sealer John recommends?
41. How should one install the sealer?
42. Will you cut the tiles for me? Explain thoroughly
43. Will a sink kit work with a 30″ sink base? Explain thoroughly